Top Level Scores
The following categories are graded on a scale of 1 to 4.
‘Proud to Honor’ is Ford Motor Company’s military initiative to raise awareness and strengthen programs by creating a more meaningful connection with our service men and women, while staying true to the Ford brand.
We do this because our service men and women are proud to serve our country which makes Ford proud to honor them.
Ford’s dealerships support military and veterans across the country with organizations like:
• Oscar Mike Foundation
• Disabled American Veterans
• Workshops for Warriors
• Trading One Uniform for Another
• Paralyzed Veterans of America
Ford and the Military:
• Ford employs over 6,000 veterans in fields such as engineering, customer service, IT, sales, manufacturing, and many more
• Since 1974, Ford has donated over $11MM to veteran organizations
• Ford has donated 200 vehicles to transport over 700k disabled veterans to medical appointments each year
• Ford has donated over $1.2 MM dollars in scholarships through the DAV Jess Brown Memorial Youth Scholarship Fund
• During WWII, Ford built the Willow Run plant to produce B-24 bombers. By the end of the war Ford had produced 86,000 full aircrafts
• During WWII, Ford plants built over 277,000 military vehicles (tanks, armored cars and jeeps)
• During WWII, Fords’ Willow Run plant employed 42,000 workers, with a third of them being women. These women became known by the popular term Rosie the Riveter
• Ford offers x-plan pricing to members of the Disabled American Veterans and Paralyzed Veterans of America
Offers and Incentives:
• Ford offers vehicle purchase incentives of $500 towards a new Ford/Lincoln vehicle for qualifying service members
• Ford offers programs that enable better accessibility, mobility and employment opportunities
• For additional information, visit www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com.
We provide our dealerships with the curriculum of military mechanics to assist credentialling into becoming a Ford/Lincoln certified technician path.
orientation training and onboarding
- New Employee Orientation
- New Employee Training
- On-boarding program
- Mentorship program
civilian credential support
We offer tuition assistance or other financial support toward the preparation, attainment, and/or maintaining of an academic or professional certificate, degree, or another civilian credential,We offer a professional licensure or certificate in lieu of military service,We offer apprenticeships, internships, or other formalized, structured training program/s to assist with the attainment of a civilian credentialWe have collected military mechanic curriculum from the services to provide constructive credit to the service member toward becoming a Ford/Lincoln certified technician.
Colonel (Retired) Vanessa Benson serves as Ford Motor Company’s Senior Military Consultant and “Ford’s Military Ambassador” for multiple military and veteran platforms including military and veteran recruiting, formulating marketing campaigns, outreach development, and building out forward-thinking military programs. Colonel (Ret) Benson works closely with the other 3,300 Ford and Lincoln dealerships to support military and veteran initiatives across the United States. Colonel (Ret) Benson has been working with Department of Defense top leadership with donating over 200,000 Ford produced Face Shields to our military front-line as we deal with the switch from making cars to making PPE.